Need to print? The library offers wireless and mobile printing from home AND onsite printing of pdfs and jpgs from a flash drive.
Printing from home
Wireless and mobile printing from home is secure and can be done from your own computer and most mobile devices – no apps to download and no software to install.
- If printing from a computer, upload your document to our print portal and follow the onscreen directions.
- Each print job is given a unique release code, which will be displayed on your screen and emailed to you if you provide an optional email address.
- To print an email message or attachment, forward your email to email@example.com. You will be sent a release code for the email message and each attachment.
- Print jobs can be retrieved through curbside pickup at the library.
Retrieving your documents
- You can use curbside pickup to get your printed items by e-mailing the Information Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (518) 439-9314. A librarian will use your code to print your documents and let you know when they are ready to pick up.
- The release code is only good for 24 hours, and documents left unprinted for more than 24 hours are automatically deleted.
- Need more help? E-mail the Information Desk at email@example.com or call (518) 439-9314.
- You can use the copier located inside the entry vestibule of the library to print black and white or color documents in jpg or pdf form from a USB flash drive. This service is available during curbside pickup hours.
- Please note: Only one person or family group is allowed in the vestibule area at a time.
Privacy and security
The print portal uses SSL to ensure the security of your transaction. The printer for this portal uses a privacy system. Your documents are held in a privacy print queue until you are present at the printer to authorize their release.
- You are provided with a unique release code for each document you print.
- Documents are not printed until you enter the release code at the keypad next to the printer located at the Information Desk.
- The document is permanently deleted upon processing.
- Documents left unprinted for more than 24 hours are automatically deleted.
- Once printed, documents cannot be re-printed.