Storytimes and more
- Click here for Bethlehem Public Library’s online storytime kits, a schedule for upcoming storytimes, and more!
- Check out an archive of Mo Willems’ doodling livestreams.
- Jarret Krosoczka is periodically live streaming a drawing tutorial video. Click here for more information.
- Storyline is an online story time website that has won awards. You will be asked to choose to view the stories in YouTube, Vimeo or www.storylineonline.net.
- Day By Day NY is NYS’s early literacy website (also available in Spanish) posts a new song and story every day: daybydayny.org
- Astronauts reading from the International Space Station: storytimefromspace.com/library
- The Library of Congress has resources for people of all ages – including videos with Dav Pilkey, where kids can watch him draw and read aloud! loc.gov/engage
- KidLit TV has a multitude of fun children’s literature resources, from videos of authors reading their own books to fun book-related crafts and activities. Click here for more.
- Click here to go on a virtual field trip with The Nature Conservancy Nature Lab.
San Diego Zoo kids.sandiegozoo.org
Explore Yellowstone National Park, including the hot springs and a mud volcano!
Farm tours! This Canadian site offers 14 different farm tours: www.farmfood360.ca
Explore the surface of Mars with the Mars Rover accessmars.withgoogle.com
Live cams at the San Diego Zoo zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
Live cams at the Monterey Bay Aquariums www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
Panda cam at the Atlantic Zoo zooatlanta.org/panda-cam
National Zoo’s webcams: nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams
Animal cams at the Houston Zoo www.houstonzoo.org/explore/webcams
- The Georgia Aquarium has a bunch of live webcams you can stream of the animals from home: www.georgiaaquarium.org/webcam/ocean-voyager
- Take a virtual field trip to the Louvre: www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- Boston Childrens’ Museum https://bostonchildrensmuseum.org/museum-at-home/
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/met-360-project
- Great Wall of China www.thechinaguide.com/destination/great-wall-of-china
- British Museum online: britishmuseum.withgoogle.com
- National Gallery of Art: artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-gallery-of-art-washington-dc?hl=en
- J Paul Getty Museum: artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-j-paul-getty-museum?hl=en
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (live feeds, guided meditation with jellyfish, etc.): Click here to watch.
- Take a virtual tour of famous libraries. Click here.
- The New York State Museum has started offering virtual “field trips” and has more resources on their website: http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/resources
- I Love NY has compiled a list of New York State virtual field trips and live cams: www.iloveny.com/blog/post/new-york-states-best-online-events-virtual-tours-and-livecams
- Go on a virtual African safari by viewing live camera feeds: www.africam.com/wildlife/index.php
- Even though you can’t get out and explore the world in person, you can explore cool panoramic views of many of the world’s famous cities and landmarks: www.360cities.net
Home learning resources
- Skype a Scientist
- The ALA notable children’s book list: www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/notalists/ncb
Talking is Teaching has some nice early literacy resources: talkingisteaching.org/resources
- Digital Passport by Common Sense Education is a good resource for learning about successful digital citizenship/engagement: www.digitalpassport.org. Another good site NetSmartzKids: www.netsmartzkids.org.
- Free webinars from New York Genealogical Society.
- Imagineering in a Box.
- NASA has made their entire media library free and available to the public. images.nasa.gov
- NASA STEM Activities for Kids and Families: www.nasa.gov/stem-at-home-for-students-k-4.html