Be a Friend
Print and mail a copy of the Friends membership application (pdf) or make a special donation at any time. Thank you for your continuing support.
- Seasonal bus trips to Glimmerglass Opera and New York City.
- Serve on the Friends’ board of directors or volunteer at
Friends-sponsored library events.
- Contact Friends liaison Geoffrey Kirkpatrick at (518) 439-9314, ext. 3022, or any Friends board member.
- Learn about advocacy for libraries.
Sign up for email notifications
You can receive email notifications of the Friends’ programs, book sales and other events.
Click here to sign up.
Help the Friends and the Storch family support new technology
Joe and Naomi Storch founded the Krakower-Storch Family Technology Fund with a lump-sum donation of $1,000, and pledged to match up to $1,000 of other donations to the fund each year for five years. The money is used to purchase items for the library’s collection that use technology to inform, educate or entertain.
The fund was established in honor of Naomi and Joe’s parents, Judith and Stephen Krakower, Genie Storch, and Sam Storch, and their grandparents, the late Nathan and Rita Romm, the late Israel and Betty Tenenbaum, the late Minnie and Eliot Storch, Richard and Eleanor Krakower, and Sonya Rose.
Click the button below to donate.
Services to our community
- Bus trips to New York City, Glimmerglass and other destinations
- Museum passes for loan
- A Little Sunday Music annual winter concert series
- Writers and Friends author series past guests: Donald Westlake, Jeffery Deaver, Russell Banks, Susan Cheever, Julia Spencer-Fleming and others
- Kids and Friends performance series
- …and more!
The Friends board meets on the third Monday of every other month at 6:30 p.m. The annual meeting is held the third Monday in December at 6:30 p.m. All meetings are open to the public. Masks are email@example.com by Dec. 10, 2021.This year’s annual meeting will be Monday, Dec. 20 at 6:30 p.m. Friends Members can vote on the agenda items. The agenda will include a vote on the slate of candidates for the Board of Directors. If you are interested in being on the Board of Directors, please contact Mary Phillips at
We plan to meet in person at the library for the annual meeting. Masks are required. However, if you would like to attend using Zoom, contact Jeremy Johannesen at firstname.lastname@example.org for the meeting link.
2021 Board of Directors
President – Jeremy Johannesen
Vice-President – Polly Hartman
Treasurer – Richard Naylor
Secretary – Mary Phillips
Directors – Patricia Caporta, Margaret Dugan, Jessica Kansas, Barbara Kling and Paula Mia Rollins