It’s time to get growing with our seed library featuring a variety of open-pollinated vegetables and some herbs and flowers. Seed libraries like these support sustainability and food security by
allowing the community free access to the means of growing their own food. The seed library is located at the back of the Information Desk.
Check out these upcoming gardening programs for both new and experienced gardeners of all ages that will help you get your garden up and running!
- Sunday, May 19 • 2:30 p.m.
A Seed Library supporting program! Master Gardener Judith Fetterley will provide an overview of gardening, including site assessment, plant selection, tools and tips.
How to use the seed library
- Browse through the growing instructions binder at the Information Desk to see what seeds are available (also listed below). Plant varieties are identified by a seed packet ID number on their page in the binder. Seeds are in order by seed packet ID number in the bins.
- Take the seed packets you would like from the bins. There is a limit of 6 packets per household per year.
- Fill out a checkout slip and place it in the box provided. Your information helps us track how many people use the seed library and which seeds are most commonly used.
- Feel free to photocopy the growing instructions if you need them. You can also access printable pdfs below.
Click on seed name for a pdf of the seed packet/growing instructions.
- Mortgage Lifter Tomato #0001
- Black Beauty Zucchini #0002
- King of the North Pepper #0003
- Perfection Savoy Cabbage #0004
- Provider Bush Green Bean #0005
- Buttercrunch Bibb Lettuce #0006
- Detroit Dark Beet #0007
- Danvers Carrot #0008
- Rainbow Chard #0009
- Double Yield Cucumber #0010
- Sugar Daddy Snap Pea #0011
- Dino Kale #0012
- Bloomsdale Spinach #0013
- Waltham Butternut Squash #0014
- Connecticut Field Pumpkin #0015
- German Giant Radish #0016
- Ping Tung Eggplant #0017
- Fox Cherry Tomato #0018
- Tam Jalapeno Pepper #0019
- Sugar Baby Watermelon #0020
- Genovese Basil #1001
- Common Sage #1002
- Cilantro/Coriander #1003
- Marjoram #1004
- Chives #1005
- English Thyme #1006
- Mammoth Long Island Dill #1007
- Gigante d’Italia Parsley #1008
- Crackerjack Mix African Marigold #2001
- Breadseed Poppy Mix #2002
- Echinacea #2003
- Dahlia Zinnia #2004
- Sulphur Cosmos #2005
- Heavenly Blue Morning Glory #2006
- Taiyo Sunflower #2007
- German Chamomile #2008