Project Runway at the library is back, and this time, you will use your sewing and craft skills to create an outfit for your pet or favorite stuffed animal! All ages welcome! *Attendance is not required at all events.
- Wednesday April 4 • 10:30-noon OR 2:30-4pm*: Learn to use a sewing
pattern; brush up on sewing machine basics.
- Friday May 11 • 4-4:45pm*: Learn how to create duct tape accessories.
- Monday May 14 • 7-8pm*: Get last-minute help with projects.
- Sunday May 20 • 2-3pm: Pet Fashion show on the Green!
How to participate
Create an outfit or accessory for your pet using any materials you’d like and any creation method.
Limited use of store-bought accessories is OK.
Pet won’t wear it? Don’t have a pet? Use a stuffed animal instead!
Participate by submitting a photo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come out in person for our Pet Fashion Runway on May 20. Click here to register online for a spot on the runway or call (518) 439-9314.
The runway show is outdoors and will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather.
Supplies for your Pet Runway creation
Supplies the library has available:
- Sewing machines
- Fabric scissors
- Thread in basic colors (black, white, gray, etc)
- Embroidery thread
- Pattern tracing paper
- Pattern tracing wheel
- Duct Tape
Supplies you will have to obtain yourself (if needed):
- Thread in more colors
- Bias tape