Just when a little girl thinks she couldn’t possibly be more bored, she stumbles upon a potato who turns the tables on her by declaring that children are boring. But this girl isn’t going to let a vegetable tell her what’s what, so she sets out to show the unimpressed potato all the amazing things kids can do. Too bad the potato is anything but interested …
1. WATCH and LISTEN to Michael Ian Black read “I’m Bored,” illustrated by Debbbie Ohi:
- Do an activity (or two!) to extend learning:
- LEARN – Choose one of the activities from the Teachers Guide on the illustrator’s
website: www.debbieohi.com/bored or go to the print-ready activity sheets www.debbieohi.com/im-bored-activity-pages.
- DRAW- At the end of the video, Debbie Ohi draws “emotional potatoes.” Can you draw your
own face looking happy? Sad? Scared? Bored?
- FIND MORE – Can you go to the library’s Overdrive page and find another picture book with a squirrel in it? Click here for a shortcut to our Overdrive site. You can put the word “squirrel” or “squirrels” in the search box to find eBooks with squirrels mentioned! Can you find some Scaredy Squirrel books?