Up and down, over and under, through and around: five big and brightly colored elephants are on a mission. Where are they going? What will they do when they get there? It’s a surprise! After reading, choose an activity to extend learning.
- WATCH and LISTEN to author Kevin Henkes read “A Parade of Elephants.”
- Choose an activity (or two!) to extend learning:
- COLOR or DRAW – Print out the provided coloring sheet or draw your own elephant! View the printable here (pdf).
- MOVE around! In the story, the elephants go around and up and down and over and under. Pretend you’re an elephant and repeat their path in your house or yard.
- CREATE a paper plate elephant. Using a paper plate, markers, crayons, or paint, and a bit of glue or tape, make your own elephant. Use scissors or a whole punch and a popsicle stick to transform into a mask! Click here for instructions.