Do you know a young reader who can use some practice and confidence in low-stress situation?
Book Buddies offers young readers (K-5) an opportunity to read to a teen volunteer (Big Buddy) in a one-on-one session that is aimed at book enjoyment, not just reading fundamentals. Teen volunteers are instructed on how to support a child’s reading efforts and make reading time fun for a child. All reading abilities are welcome.
Tuesdays, July 11-August 22 • 10-10:45 a.m.
Thursdays, July 13-August 17 • 6-6:45 p.m.
- Buddies build friendships outside of their grade level.
- Little Buddies learn that reading can be fun.
- Little Buddies build self esteem and confidence in their reading abilities.
- Little Buddies practice reading out loud and building fluency without the pressure of peers watching.
- Big Buddies learn leadership skills.
Paws to Read
Paws to Read offers young readers (grade 1-5) an opportunity to read to a friendly dog that is 100 percent non-judgmental. All of our reading dogs are certified therapy dogs through Therapy Dogs International. All reading abilities welcome.