- For additional information, call (518) 439-9314 and press 2.
By requesting a book, an article or microfilm, I agree to abide by the following guidelines.
Bethlehem Public Library voluntarily adopts the American Library Association Interlibrary Loan Code. In keeping with the spirit of this code, Bethlehem Public Library’s guidelines are as follows:
- Interlibrary loan services are available to Bethlehem card holders, and to patrons whose home libraries or higher education institutions do not offer out-of-system services. All other patrons requesting interlibrary loans will be referred to their home libraries.
- Bethlehem Public Library does not request popular materials, CD/DVD/CD-ROM materials, and magazines from other libraries.
- For Newly published materials, published within the past 6 months, please submit a Purchase Suggestion.
- Interlibrary renewals are governed by the lending library.
- Borrowed materials can be recalled by the lending library at anytime.
- To proceed with a request, patrons must agree to pay any fee imposed by the lending library.
- Copyright laws and the lending library’s policies and procedures take precedence over these guidelines.
- Borrowing policy.
- Overdue ILL items – $1.00 per day.
- Replacement cost is charged for all lost or irreparably damaged materials.
- Check the UHLS web catalog at catalog.uhls.org before submitting a book request. Library patrons may submit a request through the online catalog for UHLS items.
- Check the databases on our research page for periodical articles in full-text before submitting an article request.