Policy adopted November 8, 2010
Revised May 14, 2018
Bethlehem Public Library uses carefully chosen social media platforms to provide a forum to facilitate the sharing of ideas, opinions and information about library-related subjects, issues and events, including those co-sponsored with other organizations. The library’s social media sites are not intended to be traditional public forums for the general exchange of ideas and viewpoints, but a limited public forum for discussing library services, programs, events, and materials. Posts and comments are moderated by designated library staff, and the library reserves the right, within its sole discretion, not to post and to remove submissions or comments that are unlawful or violate this policy.
By utilizing and/or posting on the library’s social media sites, users agree to comply with this policy.
Rules for commenting and posting
- Comments that contain illegal, abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups are prohibited. Individuals are fully responsible for libelous or defamatory comments.
- Comments and posts should be related to the issue or topic discussed.
- Duplicate posts from the same individual will be removed.
- Solicitation for donations, memberships, or services requiring a fee for any non-library purpose is not allowed.
- Spam and commercial content will be removed. Links to sites that are not related to the discussion are viewed as spam and will result in the comment being removed.
- Individuals should not post anything that they do not have the right to post. The library follows a notice and takedown procedure for complaints of copyright violation under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- The library is not responsible for patron-generated comments/content. A posted comment is the opinion of the poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement or agreement by Bethlehem Public Library.
- As with any library resource, parents and guardians are responsible for supervising their children’s use of the library’s social media sites.
Violations of this policy
Postings that the library in its sole discretion, deems unpermitted under this policy, may be removed in whole or in part by the library immediately upon discovery without prior notice. The library reserves the right to block users who have posted in violation of this policy on more than one occasion. Users may appeal this decision in writing to the Board of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users may report violations of the library’s social media site’s policies to the library by contacting the administrators of Bethlehem Public Library’s social media sites by emailing email@example.com.
Administering library social media
- Social media accounts representing the library are only created by Bethlehem Public Library staff through approval from the director. Names of pages or accounts should not be changed and should clearly represent Bethlehem Public Library.
- All content is reviewed and is subject to being edited or deleted.
- Where possible, social media pages should link to Bethlehem Public Library’s official website and this social media policy.